Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Freedom Beanie Becomes a Best Seller

The Freedom Beanie


 

My latest hat design, the Freedom Beanie, has evolved from a super slouchy beanie, into a medium slouch beanie, with a shorter fitted version as another option.

Here is how the first ones looked.  They were longer and had a yarn pom pom. These can still be purchased as a custom order.

  
As time went by and I got feedback from customers I realized there was more demand for a shorter version. Then I learnt that lots of folks like the pom pom to sit tight on the top of their head, so version number three was born.

Now I make the shorter slouchy version, and the fitted version.

The crowning glory of this chunky crochet beanie is the super luxurious, giant faux fur pom pom. I just love these poms that I purchase from fellow Canadian Cynthia, of Diakitch Knits in Ontario.





The Freedom Beanie is being snapped up every Saturday at the local Farmer's Market here on Mayne Island. They are made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn, which is a 20% wool and 80% acrylic blend, making it super soft and squishy.

Another happy customer

I have yet to list these in my shop but hope to do so shortly. Keep an eye on the updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment